Pages

August 27, 2012

Reimagined Monday: Wowed by MMS Milk Paint


Today's Reimagined Monday features one of those transformations that makes you go"Wow!".

The lovely and creative Kathy of Petticoat Junktion has an antique radio cabinet that had been pieced together over the years.  It was pretty in its original state, but WOW!... painted with Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint it is a show-stopper.

Here are excerpts from Kathy's blog:

Painted cabinet using Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in Tricycle, Petticoat Junktion
"She’s a beauty if I do say so myself.
It was love at first sight with Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint in Tricycle. That’s Marian’s name for the red. And luckily Tricycle was one of the colors in my sample kit. I must be living right.

IMG_3837
This radio cabinet usually sits in my living room. It’s a great display piece for my vintage handmade quilts.

Painted cabinet using Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in Tricycle, Petticoat Junktion
See, looks great with quilts in it!"

Painted cabinet using Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in Tricycle, Petticoat Junktion
"I loved the way the paint just chipped off. The look is totally different from distressing a piece of furniture with sandpaper.  I think the chippy paint makes the cabinet look more aged, as if the paint had been on there for years, versus the sanded distressed look. What do ya’ll think about the chipping.  I really think this is the look I’ve been going for with some of my paint projects but I just didn’t get there because I was sanding the paint off.
What can I say, I just love this cabinet now."

Painted cabinet using Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in Tricycle, Petticoat Junktion
To read more about Kathy's experience using Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint, visit Petticoat Junktion.

,
Apple Box Boutique

Here is how to share your reimagined paint project at On the Apple Box:

Send us a description of how you used Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint or Annie Sloan Chalk Paint to get from your vision to the reimagined piece, before and after pictures, pictures of your project in progress or a couple of it in its finished state, and you may be highlighted on our blog!


_______________________________________
We'd LOVE it if you shared our blog:

2 comments:

  1. I love that cabinet for storing quilts. I wish I could find one like that. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been keeping an eye out for one as well! :) In the meantime, I can't wait to try Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint. I love that without the bonding agent added it distresses itself! :D Thanks for writing, Lana!

      Delete

Your comments are welcome!

Please Share This