Pages

August 03, 2012

Project Personality: Annie Sloan -The Paint, The Person

Project Personality
with Apple Box Boutique founder Leanne Playter Korsos

As anyone who reads this blog or comes into the boutique knows, I love Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ (ASCP). Not because it is a product we carry at Apple Box Boutique, but rather the other way around.

When I opened the boutique, selling paint was never a part of the plan. But I started to use it in my studio, and the more I used it the more I couldn't get enough of it. 

Clients who hire me for custom painting select the type of paint they'd prefer and when they see the look, colours and finish of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ they are always wowed. I rarely work with anything else now because of that and we all love the results.

Once word was out that the real magic was ASCP, family, friends and clients started calling me about it: 'Do you have a tin of that chalk paint?" You don't happen to have a can of ASCP in Old White do you?" "Hey... any chalk paint left over that I can have?" It became increasingly difficult to get anything done before the next call or knock on the studio door came.

SO... we ended up an Annie Sloan™ retailer and moved it into the boutique to make it available to Edmonton and area DIYers.

The reasons I love it are almost too many to name.   Three weeks ago a couple told me they bought their first can because of my sheer enthusiasm for it.  Tuesday they were back to purchase three more because they love it.  I rarely see a paint customer just once... like it was for me, it is love at first try and one can or colour is never enough.

I've started giving out cards that say:


The woman who developed this paint and whose name it carries is an artist, an author, a designer and the creative mind behind the company and she sets high standards when it comes to the development of all her products.  Annie Sloan requires them to be beautiful, easy to use and environmentally friendly.  Plus she is a genuinely nice person by all accounts and that never hurts.

Check out this terrific video... it is short yet interesting and gives good insight into the paint and the person behind it.  I haven't gone into my long list of reasons for loving this paint (today!) because it is all covered here... and I couldn't agree more.


~~ Leanne
_______________________________________
We'd LOVE it if you shared our blog:

1 comment:

  1. Great post Leanne, I couldn't agree more. ASCP is a wonderful product and is very addicting! Once you've tried it you definately want more....a can in every color! Ü

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome!

Please Share This