Pages

August 20, 2012

Reimagined Monday: Miss Mustard Seed Gets Chippy


It's Reimagined Monday and we have another special treat from Miss Mustard Seed: a truly gorgeous piece reimagined to introduce the latest colour in her yummy new Milk Paint line.

We've mentioned this before, but can't say it enough: We LOVE the idea that we can use this paint "au natural" -- meaning without the bonding againt -- to potentially have the distressing done for us!

What are the results of that, you ask?  Well, let's get straight to it!

Say Hello to Ironstone
"I’m finally getting around to introducing another Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint color…Ironstone…


What else would I call my white?  For this piece, I’m so glad I finally got a lot of chipping.  All white pieces aren’t really my style, so I was hoping for lots of chippiness, which I got,  and I left the top and drawers wood.   Here’s how the piece started…
I sort of laughed when I showed my husband the finished dresser.  Most people would probaly consider it a “before” with the partially painted chippiness.  Oh well.  Those who get it, get it.


I was so fortunate to buy this piece with the gorgeous original glass knobs…


Oh, Milk Paint chippy goodness on turned legs.  Sigh.



Yup, we're in love... AGAIN.

,
Apple Box Boutique

Here is how to share your reimagined paint project at On the Apple Box:

Send us a description of how you used Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint or Annie Sloan Chalk Paint to get from your vision to the reimagined piece, before and after pictures, pictures of your project in progress or a couple of it in its finished state, and you may be highlighted on our blog!


_______________________________________
We'd LOVE it if you shared our blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!

Please Share This