Since other paints and coatings contain harmful levels of chemicals called VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds), we are very excited to be the Central Alberta supplier of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint ™ for Furniture, Walls and Floors, today's highlighted eco-friendly product and the signature paint used in our Apple Box Boutique studio.
Spotlight: Annie Sloan Chalk Paint ™
- Best paint on the market for painting furniture
- Paint can be use on any surface -- literally!
- Use on walls for a soft matte effect or wax it for a polished plaster effect
- Can even be used to paint floors
- Paint can be applied to interior or exterior surfaces and furnishings
- Yes, chalkboards, too -- imagine coordinating them with your decor!
- Use one colour or layer colours
- Distress and apply waxes to create an old world patina
- Can be used as a wash -- dilute with water so when you apply paint it shows the wood grain
- You can use it as an impasto (thickly) -- just leave the lid off to thicken
- Two to three coats makes a highly durable chalkboard
- Paint fabric -- holds up through washing. Can wax to give a different look to the fabric finish.
- Very little black pigment is used so the colours can be mixed in any combination
Ease of Use:People, pet and eco-friendly and with virtually no odour, everything can be painted on-the-spot!
- No messy sanding, stripping or priming
- No more lugging furniture to a painting area
- No more waiting for perfect painting weather
- Easy clean-up
- Paint is flexible so you can be creative and change your mind
|Credit: Foampillowss, Annie Sloan & Savvy Southern Style|
- Because the paint is pre-mixed and easy to use, it is stress-free
- You never waste paint because it is an aqueous product. Let it thicken to use as a fine art paint or a craft paint, or to get a 'chunky, farmhouse" feel to your furniture. It doesn't 'skin over' like other paints. Did it get too thick? Just add water to lighten it up again or to use as a wash
- Coordinate curtains, pillows, accessories, carpets and floors by stenciling or painting them
- Annie Sloan shows her humour... she says this is a girls' paint, but boys can use it too!
- The paint is so versatile and pure in colour that extending allows you to create to your heart's, and imagination's, desire
Thousands of Colours:"Extending" the paint means that the 30 'core' colours can be mixed together without becoming murky or 'muddied' as can often happen with latex and oil paints. It allows you to create personalized and custom colours and really be creative with it!
The Right Paint for the Job:
- Originating in the UK, Annie Sloan Chalk Paint ™ was designed to allow walls to breathe, making it perfect for cottage walls in Europe which means it also works perfectly in North America and our varying climates
- Paint indoor items, outdoor items, floors, walls, metal, glass, plastic laminate, smooth woods, rough woods, plastic, Ikea and Jysk style cabinets, kitchens, even fabric... the list goes on and on
Tried and True:
- Annie Sloan has been making it since 1990 so it's tried and tested!
- True colour that transcends eras, styles, materials, climates and can keep up with your imagination
- Search the internet, books and catalogs for examples of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ projects (often also referred to as ASCP), and you'll find thousands of examples and positive reviews!
Lots of Class:ASCP is so popular that we have joined forces with Tara Jamieson, Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Specialist to offer classes in Edmonton on a monthly basis.
All supplies are included, so all you have to do is --
just show up in your paint clothes
- Take the Beginner's class to get hands-on experience with the paint and the tools, and learn aging and distressing techniques that will help you to with your own DIY projects
- If your kitchen needs to be freshened up or completely updated, then the Kitchen Reinvention class is for you
Use the coupon code: APPLE to save $ each time you register for a class!
- Best of all, Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ is extremely low in VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) so it won’t harm you or the environment
Now available at Apple Box Boutique Inc. in Edmonton, Alberta.
6507 - 112 Avenue
♥,Apple Box Boutique
_______________________________________We'd LOVE it if you shared our blog: