Pages

June 11, 2012

Reimagined Monday: Antibes Green is hot, hot, HOT


Good morning and welcome to Reimagined Monday!

DIY takes a certain patience, a good amount of energy and can quickly become costly if one doesn't stay focused on creating for less.  Mary of At Home on the Bay and her husband live in Maine and do their best to DIY on a budget.  Updating their retirement home on Blue Hill Bay has become a highlight of Mary's blog, in which she also shares her tips and upcycle projects.

Since Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Antibes Green is hot, hot, HOT these days, we wanted to feature Mary's lovely reimagined cupboard... a great DIY project and a perfect example of what all the Antibes Green excitement is about!

ASCP Antibes Green Cupboard




















































 "I made some progress on the dining room this week.  One of the projects I worked on was painting this built in cupboard.  
I'm loving all of the green painted furniture pieces in magazines and on Pinterest that I've been seeing lately, so I thought I'd try it on this piece.  I made color swatches on a piece of leftover plywood (from the chalkboard project).



From top to bottom:
A. Antibes Green followed with a Aubusson Blue wash and clear and dark wax
B. Antibes Green with clear and dark wax
C. Antibes Green with a French Linen undercoat followed by sanding, clear and dark wax
D. Antibes Green with an Arles undercoat followed by sanding, clear and dark wax
E. Antibes Green followed by a Aubusson Blue wash and clear wax
I went with the top color swatch, but added some sanding.






Here are the detail steps:
1. Two coats of Antibes Green (allowing drying time in between).  I painted the inside with one coat of Old White.
2.  I lightly waxed the cupboard with clear wax and followed with some sanding to distress it in some areas.
3. I then mixed Aubusson Blue with water and brushed streaks of the blue and then wiped them off with a rag.
4. Followed by another coat of clear wax
5. Followed by a coat of dark wax
 I lightly brushed the wax on using a different brush for each wax and wiping any extra off with a cloth allowing it to dry between coats.  The wax adds a nice sheen.
I added a toile print fabric to the back of the shelves.
I added some dishes that I inherited from my Mother-in Law.  
I placed a few ironstone pitchers on top...
and called it a day.  Well, it actually took two days.
What do you think?"

Well, we think it is stunning!  Antibes Green has quickly become one of our favourites and mixed with Aubusson Blue it makes a gorgeous teal that we always look forward to working with at the Apple Box Boutique studio.

Thanks, Mary, for your inspiration!

,
Apple Box Boutique
  
Here is how to share your reimagined paint project at On the Apple Box:
Send us a description of how you used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint to get from your vision to the reimagined piece, before and after pictures, pictures of your project in progress or a couple of it in its finished state, and you may be highlighted on our blog!

_______________________________________
We'd LOVE it if you shared our blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!

Please Share This