Pages

June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day


For a last minute gift:


Helpful tip for the new Father:

Spread the diaper in the position of the diamond with you at bat.  Then fold second base down to home and set the baby on the pitcher's mound.  Put first base and third together, bring up home plate and pin the three together.  Of course, in case of rain, you gotta call the game and start all over again.  
~Jimmy Piersal, on how to diaper a baby, 1968


For the homemade card you are making:

Thank you to paperandpigtailsparty.com


For the poet in you:
A Place Just For Dad
We many not shower him with praise
Nor mention his name in song,
And sometimes it seems that we forget
The joy he spreads as he goes along,
But it doesn't mean that we don't know
The wonderful role that he has had.
And away down deep in every heart
There's a place that is just for Dad...

~ Author Unknown

For a laugh:

"By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong." -- Charles Wadsworth

"A father is a guy who has snapshots in his wallet where his money used to be." --Unknown

"When I was a kid, I said to my father one afternoon, 'Daddy, will you take me to the zoo?' He answered, 'If the zoo wants you, let them come and get you.'" -- Jerry Lewis

A note from our Founder:
 
"From my personal perspective, there is no one on this earth like my Dad... 

He has loved me unconditionally yet taught me respect. By his quiet example he instilled in me dedication, honour, honesty, caring for others and a strong work ethic.  There are not enough adjectives to describe the greatest man I've ever known and my wish for everyone else is that your Father is as great a man to you as mine is to me."       --Leanne Playter Korsos

Happy Fathers' Day!

,
Apple Box Boutique

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!

Please Share This