Pages

July 09, 2012

Project Personality: The Liebster Award

Project Personality
with Apple Box Boutique founder Leanne Playter Korsos

The Liebster Award
 

I would like to thank the academy...

Actually, I would like to thank the lovely CJ of Juniper and Roses for her very kind nomination. CJ, after reading your blog and "About" page you appear to be a kindred spirit... or my long-lost English twin. We should talk!  Let me start by saying how much I appreciate this.

I've been scouring blogland to learn more about The Liebster Award, and although there are variations on how to write about it, the meaning remains intact. So here is my best attempt at 'following the rules':

Award Description:
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

Here are the rules for receiving this award:
  1. Post about your win on your blog. 
  2. Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award and follow their blog. 
  3. Copy and paste the award button to your blog (you can right-click on the Liebster label from my page, save it to your computer, then save to your blog). 
  4. Present The Liebster Award to 5 blogs that have fewer than 200 followers that you think deserve to be recognised. 
  5. Let them know by leaving them a comment on their blog.
Some posts on the subject ask that you include 11 things about yourself, but I thought I'd throw a mish-mash out there from a recent email questionnaire and let you choose your favourites!  Here goes:
  1. What color are your socks right now? Left: Pink, brown and white argyle, Right: Pink, brown, white and blue stripes.
  2. What are you listening to right now?  My keyboard. 
  3. What was the last thing you ate? Splurged on a single jelly bean. 
  4. Can you drive a stick?  Yes and I am extremely good at being very bad at it. 
  5. How old are you right now?  25130477 minutes old + the time it takes to answer the rest of this questionnaire. 
  6. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? Golf… it’s hysterical.
  7. What is your favorite drink?  Oh… so many to choose from.  Chocolate martini, perhaps, since it is a ritual of mine to have one in every new city I visit.  Okay, so I’m incapable of lying… it could be more than one. 
  8. Have you ever dyed your hair?  Yes, all the time.  My true hair colour, if I recall correctly, is cotton candy pink. 
  9. Favorite food? Anything not made of animals but smothered in gorgonzola sauce. 
  10. What is the last movie you watched?  Pride & Prejudice for likely the 221st time.  I wish I were exaggerating... okay, NOW I am exaggerating.  I love that movie, unabashedly. 
  11. What is your favorite day? Every single one of them. 
  12. How do you vent anger?  I don’t get angry often enough to have a pattern. 
  13. What was your favorite toy as a child? My imagination. 
  14. What is your favorite season?   Probably garlic powder. But my favourite seasoning is spring.    Side note:  Garlic powder is good for cooking, but also for setting your makeup which is how I attracted my Greek boy.  This has also led me to believe what they say: ‘The way to man’s heart is through his stomach”.
  15. Living situation? With a Renaissance man in a cozy little bungalow eternally under renovation and never with enough closet space.
  16. What is on the floor of your closet right now? What isn’t on my closet floor right now. 
  17. Who is the friend you have had the longest? Lisa Marie Grubwinkler Wallace Molyneaux, in part because she has a shockingly big name and is a surprisingly little person (Love you, Lis).  This year is 43 years as close friends, but really we are family. 
  18. What did you do last night? Stayed up until 4:00 in the morning hanging out with my astonishing daughter Mista, talking about life, love, work and weddings, generally all in the same sentence.  The TV series Gilmore Girls was based on us. 
  19. What are you afraid of most?  Money… apparently. 
  20. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers?  Anyone who knows me could answer this, since I am mostly made of cheese, even the holy type... it keeps my spirits up.  What?  Oh… the holey kind.  I like that too and since it is mostly air, it keeps my figure svelte.  But hold the burger.
  21. Favorite dogs? It would be a quicker to ask about my least favourite dogs, to which I would respond “the hot kind”.  
  22. Favorite day of the week?  Love ‘em all.
  23. How many cities have you lived in? I’m not sure how to answer this, since I’ve lived on the outskirts of so many.  And isn’t ‘outskirts’ a funny word,  I mean, say it over a few times… outskirts… Yup, funny. 
  24. Diamonds or pearls?  Diamonds… no, pearls…. Nope, diamonds…no… this is what I get for being a Libra. 
  25. What is your favorite flower?  Fluffy, flouncy, softly floaty, floofy, cherubic flowers of all shapes and sizes.  I like the kind you bake with too.  Really?...That's a different kind of flower?  Hmmm... explains so much about my desserts.
And now for my nominations..

A very big THANK YOU again to CJ of Juniper and Roses for honouring On The Apple Box with The Liebster Award, and for allowing me the opportunity to do the same for some of my favourite blogs!

~~ Leanne
_______________________________________
We'd LOVE it if you shared our blog:

6 comments:

  1. Hi Leanne! Thanks so much for nominating my blog for a Liebster Award! I am totally honored! You're a sweetheart for doing that for me!
    I hope you are keeping cool in this heat!
    Take care,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very well deserved and my pleasure. I always look forward to reading your blog :)

      I'm loving the heat... my husband says I am not all human *lol I hope you are managing and staying cool!
      ~Leanne

      Delete
  2. Silly me! I forgot to say congratulations on your nomination Leanne! It is well deserved for sure.
    Sorry. :)
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carrie! That's super sweet and I appreciate it.

      All the best,
      Leanne

      Delete
  3. Thanks Leanne for the nonimation, that was sweet of you! As a fellow Edmontonian now living in Victoria, B.C. I'm honored! Next time I visit my old hometown I'll pop by to say Hi! Ü

    Sheila
    French Vanilla Home and Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila,

      It was my pleasure. I love your blog and am really looking forward to visiting your shop someday, too... and to meeting you on your next trip through. Perhaps we could have a coffee or tea!

      ~Leanne

      Delete

Your comments are welcome!

Please Share This