Pages

December 30, 2013

Reimagined Monday: A Very Special Gift using Chalk Paint™


We received this gem of a Reimagined Monday submission and are happy to share it with you now that Christmas has been celebrated and the surprise is out from under the tree!

Lois wanted to do something special for her son that has very personal meaning and felt that Chalk Paint™ decorative paint by Annie Sloan was the perfect solution.

"Hi. Just finished my Christmas projects for my son.  My mother passed away at 94 years of age in September and left 3 very tired looking stacking stools to my eldest son.  I decided to give them a facelift and surprise him for Christmas. I am sure he is going to be as thrilled as I am.   

I had heard about Annie Sloan's chalk paint on a television program and was eager to give it a try.  I was so excited that there was a store relatively nearby (by prairie standards) and made the journey from Lloydminster to Edmonton to get some advice and my supplies.

Here are the before and afters:   

I started off with two coats of Emperor's Silk and followed up with 1 1/2 coats of graphite.   
I then waxed and sanded back the edges to reveal the red and then followed up with two additional layers of wax. Unfortunately when I purchased the paint you did not have any waxing brushes in stock so I applied the wax with a rag.
 
I think I would have been even more successful had I been able to use the brush but I am happy with the results nonetheless.
Perhaps I will win this context and get the much desired waxing brush!!  I am definitely going to use this paint again and have a long list of projects awaiting. 

Merry Christmas!

Lois Classen-Lorenz"

We think they look fantastic, Lois -- we agree that a wax brush makes projects that much easier and we hope you ended up with one in your Christmas stocking!

Best of luck in this month's Reimagined Monday draw!

Don't forget to enter our monthly contest for your chance to win!

Here's the info:

We would like to highlight more customer projects!  Send us your before/during/after pictures and tell us about your creative process using Chalk Paint™ or Milk Paint and you'll be entered into our monthly Reimagined Monday draw.


Each month we will give away a different item like paint, brushes, books, supplies, gift certificates and more. You don't have to be featured to be eligible... the month you enter is the month you will be included in the draw.


Send your name, pictures and story to:
info@appleboxboutique.com for your chance to win!

, 
Apple Box Boutique
_______________________________________
We'd LOVE it if you shared our blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!

Please Share This