Pages

March 04, 2013

Reimagined Monday: Repurposed Mid-Century Cabinet

Yayyy -- It`s Reimagined Monday!

Tomorrow we will be announcing the prize and winner of the February Reimagined Monday Draw.  If you would like to be entered to win really great stuff from the Boutique, just send in before and after pics (during too, if you have them!) and the story of your paint project using Chalk Paint® or Milk Paint.

We will include more information about the draw at the end of this blog post, but for now we`d like to share our first March entry!

This reimagination features a curvy mid-century cabinet, which came to us along with this lovely letter from Mary-Jane Downie:

"Hey!  Just wanted to share my little story.  I bought a vintage handmade piece off kijiji. It is some sort of china cabinet. Sadly I don't have the best before picture. There was a mirror in the background off the top portion.  The poor thing even tipped over in the back of the truck on the way home. That made removing the mirror easier though. :)  


I replaced the mirror with some antique ceiling tiles from Home Reuseables off Argyll road.  Such a great place!  It was my first time working with the Annie Sloan chalk paint and waxes and I had so much fun.  It was hard to take a break from my project to feed my family!   I think they are all relieved its pretty much done.  

I used Emperor's Silk with the clear and dark soft waxes. All were very easy to use. Lots of YouTube videos out there and information online.  Of course you were very helpful at the store as well when I called with questions!

I just need to pick out some hardware and she is all done! 



Thanks for the inspiration! I can hardly wait till my next project.

 
-Mary-Jane Downie"

Don`t you love the repurposing Mary-Jane did with this piece? Adore that colour, too!

We send a big thank you to Mary-Jane for sharing your story.

Read below to learn more about how you can enter our Reimagined Monday Draw


>What have YOU Reimagined?
Send in your project pics and be entered to win our Reimagined Monday draw!

Reimagined Monday Draw
We would like to highlight more customer projects!  Send us your before/during/after pictures and tell us about your creative process and you'll be entered into our monthly Reimagined Monday draw.

Each month we will give away a different item like paint, brushes, books, supplies, gift certificates and more. You don't have to be featured to be eligible... the month you enter is the month you will be included in the draw. 

Send your name, pictures and story to:
,
Apple Box Boutique

_______________________________________
We'd LOVE it if you shared our blog:

1 comment:

Your comments are welcome!

Please Share This