Pages

January 04, 2013

Project Personality: Saving for the Holidays... Already?

Project Personality
with Apple Box Boutique founder Leanne Playter Korsos

Every year I promise myself I will be more prepared for the next Christmas.  Then, just like my resolution to 'eat less cheese and chocolate this year', it falls by the wayside as I get busy and preoccupied with everything else... anything else, really!  But then the bills roll in and I have that same holiday hangover all over again.

This year I decided to seek out some positive reinforcement and found it in abundance at "The Frugal Home".  A great site with lots of money-saving ideas, this is what they have to say about how to avoid that new year wallet-ache:


"Don’t look at me like I’m crazy. I know no one wants to think about the holidays for at least another ten months but this is the best time to start thinking about them
 
Look for after-Christmas sales and stock up on items like wrapping paper, gift tags, and gift card holders. I will often pick up a few ornaments to give away the next year as well. I love to give an ornament with a gift card or just as an add-on gift and I was able to pick up several awesome ones for about 25 cents each this year! 

Set up a holiday account, whether through a holiday account at your bank, in your regular savings, or even a shoebox in your closet! Think about how much you spent this year at Christmas, divide it into ten or eleven months (depending on when you start Christmas shopping), and start saving each month. Sitting back your holiday money will make you feel so much better when the holidays roll around next year as you won’t have to stress about coming up with the money in the middle of all of the holiday parties, events, and big payments such as end-of-the-year taxes.

Save what you can, even ten bucks a month will give you $100 in ten months. You could at least buy gifts for your kids or closest loved ones. 

Do yourself a favor and put a little thought into Christmas this January and you won’t have to put so much thought and stress into it when the time comes!" 
-The Frugal Home

GREAT advice, and to help you get started Apple Box Boutique is holding a Christmas in January sale 

Every ornament and all holiday decor is on sale this
Saturday and Sunday from Noon to 5:00 PM. 

Get fantastic discounts up to 50% off and have a budget-loving, stress-free Christmas this year!

~~  Leanne
_______________________________________
We'd LOVE it if you shared our blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!

Please Share This