Pages

June 17, 2013

Reimagined Monday: TV Console Goes Green & Natural


Just over a year ago, Abi Roberts inspired many of our customers with her first ever paint project when she reimagined a french provincial cabinet she'd found on Kijiji (check it out here).  She chose to use Chalk Paint™ decorative paint by Annie Sloan in Emperor's Silk, and explained that even she was surprised by the results of her first DIY project!

Having experienced how fun and easy Chalk Paint is, when Abi found a TV Console on Cherished Bliss that she loved it was an obvious choice to use it again for her new project.

Abi shared her latest DIY success with us and we're happy to be able to share it here with you!
 TV Console by Abi Roberts
("ASCP" is Abi's reference to Chalk Paint™ decorative paint by Annie Sloan.)

"Although I'm not handy I was pretty confident that I could do this console. I knew the painting part was going to be pretty because I was going to use ASCP. I bought the chest of drawers on Kijiji. 
 I painted the whole thing in Olive green and was pretty satisfied with the results. Painting with ASCP meant I was finished in no time at all.
Then I thought I'm going to do something a little fancy. I was going to put a stain on the top. This is where the hard work came sanding, striping, and staining the top took a few days. It was also very messy.
For the final finishing touches I changed the drawer handles. I then took out the top two drawers and I asked my handyman to build a sliding top shelf to hold my electronics. He also drilled a small hole in the back to pass cords through. 

 All in all, I love my new console. It has the character and the pop of colour that I needed for my living room. If it wasn't for ASCP I would not of attempted such a project. I'm happy that I didn't have to spend hundreds of dollars for a new piece of furniture and I have a piece that I personally created.

We love it, Abi... it's definitely a one-of-a-kind piece
(and a big savings).

Thanks for sharing!
Don't forget to enter our monthly contest for your chance to win!  
Here's the info:

Reimagined Monday Draw
We would like to highlight more customer projects!  Send us your before/during/after pictures and tell us about your creative process using Chalk Paint™ or Milk Paint and you'll be entered into our monthly Reimagined Monday draw.

Each month we will give away a different item like paint, brushes, books, supplies, gift certificates and more. You don't have to be featured to be eligible... the month you enter is the month you will be included in the draw. 

Send your name, pictures and story to:

, 
Apple Box Boutique
_______________________________________
We'd LOVE it if you shared our blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!

Please Share This