Pages

September 03, 2012

Reimagined Monday: Labour Day and Our Latest Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint Reveal -- "Grain Sack"

Labour Day in Canada and the U.S. is a holiday to campaign for workers' rights and celebrate the achievements of workers. It has its origins in the labour union movement, specifically the eight-hour day movement, which advocated eight hours for work, eight hours for recreation, and eight hours for rest.  Some other countries celebrate these rights and other worker-supportive movements at different times of the year.*

We hope everyone takes time out of their busy schedules to reflect and to enjoy the day! 

While you're here, why not stay a moment and take a peek at today's Reimagined Monday, featuring a new colour reveal from Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint line:

say hello to “grain sack”


"I don’t know why I left this piece sitting in my basement for so long! It was finished a couple of weeks ago and I finally hauled it up today for a photo shoot.  I knew I would have fun with it and I did.  It’s definitely a favorite.  Say hello to the MMS Milk Paint color “Grain Sack”…


 Here’s the piece before…



 …and this piece gets better when you start opening it up…


I have a wee bit of a crush on this piece and the play of colors, chippiness and wood.   (The interior is painted in Shutter Gray, by the way.)  So, why did I call this color grain sack?


It may look white-ish, but it’s more of a neutral gray, like a nubby old European grain sack.


I not only love this color straight up, but it’s my favorite to mix with strong colors to soften them up.

I’m bringing this piece and a van full of milk paint to Lucketts tomorrow!"
Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint will be arriving at the Boutique by the end of this month and is available now for pre-purchase on our website: 

Have a great day!
,
Apple Box Boutique

*So says Wikipedia

Here is how to share your reimagined paint project at On the Apple Box:

Send us a description of how you used Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint or Annie Sloan Chalk Paint to get from your vision to the reimagined piece, before and after pictures, pictures of your project in progress or a couple of it in its finished state, and you may be highlighted on our blog!


_______________________________________
We'd LOVE it if you shared our blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!

Please Share This