Pages

May 14, 2012

Reimagined Monday: Barcelona Orange Corner Table


Today we are featuring the bright and the bold.  Annie Sloan's Barcelona Orange is one of our favourite colours and it requires a certain "elegancia" to use it, but once you do... well, there may be no going back.  At least that's what happened at Apple Box Boutique and we've started adding more vibrant shades to our original cottage and shabby chic pallet.

Enter Erin, an Art Director and Graphic Designer from St. Louis Missouri.  She is a very busy blogger, DIYer and local media talent whose blog How To Nest For Less is interesting, informative and just plain fun. Erin also loves colour and isn't afraid to use it.

Following is an excerpt from her blog about a sweet little table that she reimagined for her home using, what else?  Barcelona Orange!

"As many of you folks know, I’m a color freak. I’m not afraid to use bright and bold pops of color throughout my home. So what better way to transform a plain old corner table (from my lovely aunt) than using my new LOVE, Barcelona Orange.

 
One of the best bonuses of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint is no primer needed! So I got to work and gave my corner table two coats of Barcelona Orange (except for the top of the table which I left as the natural wood). To give it some extra oomph, I lightly distressed the table and used the Annie Sloan wax!


I gave the entire table a coat of clear wax then went back and pressed in some dark wax throughout. HOLY SMOKES. Then is when the table came alive! Wanna see?


Look at that dark wax in the crevices! LOVE.







I can’t wait to get this in my dining room! I’m working on a transformation, including new drapes, some chair covers and painting my piano. It’s a BIG overtaking, but I can’t wait to show you my final vision!"

¡es una preciosidad! It's gorgeous, Erin!







Here is how to share your reimagined paint project at On the Apple Box:
 
Send us a description of how you used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint to get from your vision to the reimagined piece, before and after pictures, pictures of your project in progress or a couple of it in its finished state, and you may be highlighted on our blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!

Please Share This