Pages

April 03, 2012

Project Personality: How-to's and Other Ramblings

Project Personality
with Apple Box Boutique founder Leanne Playter Korsos

Hi there!

I am Leanne, owner and "Chief Reimaginer" at Apple Box Boutique.  I've been painting from a studio for ABB for a couple of years now, and before that spent a fair amount of time working on set design and other paint and decor oriented projects.  I can't say I am anything near being a 'fine artist' but I can wield a 2" paint brush with relatively good results.

One of the changes I've made in the studio is the type of painting I do, which will be the focus of one of the first Project Personality posts.  I used to spend most of my time in the paint bay with my spray gun wearing a big respirator mask that made me look like a jet fighter pilot.  Okay, so the look I kind of liked...I mean, come on, jet fighter pilots are cool, right?  What wasn't fun was melting inside of it and that Flintstone face I couldn't get rid of for hours after taking it off.  A friend kindly noted that this happens with age... less elasticity... thanks.

But I digress, or regress.  The thing is there is quite a lot to know when it comes to painting and it would have been so much easier to have a mentor.  Part of my professional life has included concurrent careers as a corporate trainer, a consultant, an instructional designer and a creative writer who admittedly uses far too many ellipses and abandons proper sentence structure for 'the feel of a piece'.  My first official company was tutoring youth, and I started that at age 15.  It just seems natural to share what I know and hopefully help others avoid time and money-consuming pitfalls.  While I agree that knowledge is best gleaned from our mistakes, it is nice to know what those mistakes might be and how to get out of them when they happen. 

I hope to write on a variety of subjects expounding such wisdom as "Do this, don't do that and if you do do this".  That is do do with only one "o" each, though sometimes I have stepped in the other kind and want to help you dance around it.

So enough of my rambling.  It is onward to more important things like... why don't I wear that fighter pilot mask anymore?  But not quite yet, because this is just an intro and like they say in theatre... "leave 'em wanting more".

It is coming very soon, though, so watch this blog for Project Personality posts to learn stuff;  and don't forget to share and comment.  Then I'll learn stuff too!

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited to bring in my little old chest to learn how to revamp it from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy,

      Thanks for posting! I'd be happy to provide any information I can to get you going on your project :) We also have paint classes available that could be of help! Looking forward to your visit to the boutique :)
      ~Leanne

      Delete
    2. OH! Sandy, I meant to say thank you for bringing your Greeting Cards in to the shop. They are beautiful and we are very excited to be carrying them!

      Delete
    3. I'm so excited about so many things lately! I don't even know where to start!!!

      Delete
    4. That's great, Sandy... just as it should be! :)

      Delete

Your comments are welcome!

Please Share This